Sunday, August 14, 2011

Five Reasons to get Organized

I just finished organizing all of my beads and tools. Before this, I was working out of 30 gallon tubs and trying to be organized, which wasn't really working. So, I picked an office space in the basement. Cleared all the junk out of it and made a space for my beading. Now, I feel like as weight has been lifted off my chest. I've only made a few things in the past couple of months because it was just too much of a hassle to drag everything out to find what I wanted/needed.. Last night after I finished the organizing... I made four new items!

#1 - It just makes things easier when you can find exactly what you're looking for in a few seconds

#2 - You will find stuff you completely forgot you had. I found a bunch of beads I didn't remember when I went through all of my things.

#3 - Somehow, being organized takes up less space. It seem kind of odd to me, but what was taking up a HUGE 30 gallon storage container before,  now is neatly tucked into 3 storage containers on my desk. I still have tons of room to work on the desk as well.

#4 - It reduces your stress level (at least it did for me). Clutter annoys me and I always felt like my living room was cluttered before. Anytime I needed to work, I had to drag everything out of the storage container and it ended up spread out everywhere.

#5 - Referring back to #1... not only does it makes things easier, it makes them quicker. When I was crafting last night, I spent maybe a minute looking for the items I wanted versus 10 minutes before. That's a huge time savings!

Basically, getting organized boils down to being more productive. We all have a lot of demands on our time and chaos increases time demands. Yes, getting organized does require time and effort. But once it's done, maintenance is as simpled as putting things back when you are done using them. I promise you, it just feels better to be organized!

2 comments:

  1. oh I need to get it together!!! my desk looks like a bomb went off LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love being organized - it's the best thing in the world and definitely increases productivity. Congratulations on getting it done!

    ReplyDelete