Friday, August 19, 2011

Featured Artist Friday #5

This week we're going to talk to another jewelry designer. I have a couple of her items favorited on Etsy. I really enjoy her perspective in making jewelry and really enjoyed her interview. A couple examples of her work are below.




Shocking that I would choose blue and green, huh?


Suzanne Cavataio
VCubed Jewelry Designs
www.vcubedjewelry.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/vcubedjewelry


Tell us a little about yourself?
I am a stay at home mom to three beautiful children, all of whose names begin with the letter 'V' (where the name of my business came from). I grew up in rural town in PA and then went on to college at University of Pittsburgh where I studied engineering. Working in my field was amazing, but I always knew that I wanted to stay home after my children were born.
What do you do?
Several years ago I was looking for something to do for me and after taking a jewelry making class I found my niche. As any of you jewelers know, once you start to purchase gemstones and beads you just cannot stop! I decided to start my own business working from my home designing jewelry and I have not looked back since.
Where do you get your inspiration? The patterns and colors of the gemstones inspire me to want to create something to show off the beauty in them. Also, jewelry is something that is so personal to each individual and I hope that everyone who wears one of my pieces feels special while they are wearing it. That is my ultimate goal and explains why all of my gemstone necklaces are one of a kind.
If you could have dinner with one person from history who would you choose and why?Wow, hard question! The engineer in me wants to say Ben Franklin or Thomas Edison, but I think it would have to be Jane Austen. Pride and Prejudice is my absolute favorite book! I am not a strong writer especially when it comes to fiction so I think it would be fascinating to have a conversation with her to hear how her ideas materialized. Her writing is so powerful yet romantic.
Anything else you would like to add?Going forward I would like to incorporate more metals with different finishes. I love how different processes can give you such different effects. These mixed with gemstones will create even more unique pieces.

I am a member of the Pennsylvania Crafter's Guild - Yellow Breeches Chapter, the Central PA Bead and Jewelry Society, and also the National Association for Professional Women.

2 comments:

  1. OOooh very pretty! My favorite colors! Will be back to check out your blog when I have a little more time!

    ReplyDelete