Friday, August 12, 2011

Featured Artist Friday #4

This week's artist does lovely paintings that give me a peaceful feeling :)

http://www.etsy.com/listing/76746064/hand-painted-silk-wall-hanging-earth


My name is Mary Ann Holley

Heaven on Earth Silks
www.etsy.com/shop/Heaven0nEarthSilk
www.facebook.com/heavenonearthsilks
theuniversealwayssaysyes.com/

Tell us a little about yourself?
I am an out of the closet artist! Art has always been a love of mine and I have background in sewing, beading, weaving, jewelry making,acrylic painting, mixed media, and photography. Silk painting has become an obsession for me. Until now I have been a wife and a stay at home mother & I raised 3 kids who are now 19, 22, & 24. I also have been a 4-H leader for 12 years taught horse back riding and ran the 4H drill team and helped my kids and too many others to mention to raise & show various animals such as rabbits, pigs, goats,& horses. And I have been a basketball mom until last year. I am also an ordained New Thought Minister and give Spiritual counseling to those who are ready to make a shift in the way that they are thinking and living. I have chosen to experience a lot and now my choice is to experience being Spiritual Artist.

Where do you get your inspiration?
My inspiration comes completely from my meditations. I meditate on a daily basis and get pictures in my head. I then take the pictures and draw them out on paper and transfer them to silk and let the magic begin! All of my work is truly a spiritual experience for me. I love the Creative process of taking a picture out of your mind and turning it into a picture that others can see and experience. I also love the way my art is evolving and changing almost daily, it's always a surprise to me how it ends up looking.

If you could have dinner with one person from history who would you choose and why?I would have a hard time choosing some one from history because there are so many people who have influenced and changed my way of thinking. I would instead choose some one from the present who embraces all of the teachings and goes beyond to a paradigm shift and that is Michael Bernard Beckwith. My life is about a continuing unfolding of the true me into a higher consciousness. Michael Beckwith is truly an inspiration to me in creating that process.

I am creating my own reality and loving every minute of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment