Friday, August 26, 2011

Featured Artist Friday #6

I have mentioned this week's artist in my blog previously. She does great work with natural stones. In many cases, she harvests the stone, cuts it, polishes, and then wraps them into awesome pendants. I love her work and bought a beautiful piece recently for my mother. Two examples of her beautiful work are below.






Name: Marie Frazier
Business: Superior Aagtes Wire Wrapped Gemstone Jewelry
Website: www.superioragates.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/superioragates
www.superioragates.blogspot.com

About me: I am a 40+ year old woman, with 2 grown children, and 2 grandchildren. All of their lives, they have been the root for my survival, my base, and my strength. I draw any and all positive things in life from knowing they are my children, and I love them deeply. I am an artsy person, who has dabbled in a lot of different skills and crafts, and I believe that this just happens to be the most enjoyable one of them all.

What do I do: I cut my own gemstones, from either the rough, or slabs, hand polish them, and wire wrap them in to jewelry

Where do I get inspiration? : Life, and the stones themselves just kinda "talk" to me spiritually.

Who is my biggest influence: God, My children and grandchildren

Dinner from someone in history: Thomas Kincaid.....his paiintings are nothing but pure inspiration to do better, be better, and to use the God given talents instilled inside each and every one of us

No comments:

Post a Comment