Thursday, August 11, 2011

4 Reasons to Treat Yourself

I recently decided to buy some beads to make something for myself. To be honest, even though I love most of the jewelry I make, I never have kept anything for myself. Or even made something with myself in mind. I love the act of creating jewelry, but typically view the items as off limits. I decided it was time to treat myself and purchased some semi-expensive beads to make something fun for me. See the beads below:



So, back to the title of this blog. 4 reasons to treat yourself:

#1 - If you're anything like me, you do tons of stuff for other people in your life but often neglect yourself. If you do something nice for yourself on occasion, it makes it easier to keep giving to those other people in your life.
#2 - You work really hard and deserve a treat! Regardless of your profession, whether you work from home or are corporate cubicle dweller, we all find more and more demands being placed on us. Companies and households have been cutting back with the current economy and I imagine most of us are working harder now than we were 5 years ago.
#3 - Because you love yourself. What better way to show yourself that you're valuable than giving yourself a treat? It doesn't have to be expensive or lavish, but I think doing nice things for yourself is important.
#4 - Because it's fun! Buy yourself something that others in your life wouldn't. No one I know would buy me beads because it's kind of an odd gift. So, sit back and think of something you would love to have that no one else would think to buy you. Then, go out and get it for yourself!

Happy shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment