Tuesday, July 26, 2011

So many stones...

so little time. The more I shop for beads, the more variety of stones I find. Most of them are classified as semi-precious.  The selection gets overwhelming at times. I see so many that I like and I can't buy them all, so I have to work on picking out what I think will appeal to others.

Recently, I decided to try something new to me. It's called African Jade and the colors are really pretty. But I know its not really jade, so I decided to find out what it is. Thanks to Wikipedia, I found out it's grossular (which doesn't sound very pretty at all). Basically, African Jade is actually a member of the garnet family. I never would have guessed that from the coloration of the stones, minty green to forest green with some brown accents.

I'm including some pictures of the stone below.



I think the colors will go well with silver or copper findings. I am planning a necklace and will post soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment