Monday, July 11, 2011

Craft Show

I know it's been awhile since I posted and I'm sorry for neglecting my readers. I participated in a craft show on the 4th of July in the very small town in which I live. There were tons of people there and traffic to my booth was decent. However, my sales were lackluster. People commented heavily on how pretty or beautiful or nice my stuff was, but they never even looked at the price tags. They just weren't there to shop.

My one saving grace was the ton of stretchy bracelets I had made to sell for $1. Those went like hotcakes to girls from 6 to 76. I do not think I will do this market again as it really just wasn't the right place for my goods. I noticed several other vendors who did not seem to make many sales either. I talked to one other jewelry vendor who said her sales were bad too. She also said I shouldn't have sold the bracelets so cheap. LOL

Below is a shot of my entire booth and my significant other, who sat with me all day to keep me company.




One thing I did learn from this craft show is to organize my earrings by price per level of the display piece. So, all in all, it wasn't a bad experience... just a long, hot day for not much profit. Other pics of my booth included below.





No comments:

Post a Comment