Friday, July 29, 2011

Featured Artist Friday #2

Today's artist has made art out of something I never would have imagined would be art. His vision is unique and his work is breathtaking to me.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/62703311/beet-blue-5-x-7
That, my friends, is a beet root! I really think that this just goes to show that beauty is everywhere in nature if we simply look for it.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/37722918/crystal-creek-stream-bed-8-x-10?ref=pr_shop

I could show you his whole shop. I really do just think his work is amazing and hope you do as well.


Name: Danny Mullendore
Website(s): www.etsy.com/shop/danielm1154


Tell us a little about yourself?
I am a 5th generation Jackson Hole, Wyomingite. My family was among some of the first homesteaders of the valley in the late 1800s. I grew up with a western background that led me to professional bull riding. I rode bulls for about 16 years before I entered college. Currently, I am earning my PhD in plant cell biology. I am specializing in the sugar conducting cells of plants with an emphasis on microscopic structure as it relates to function (see www.plantcell.org/content/22/3/579.short if interested). My micrographs on Etsy were taken after I was a teaching assistant for a Plant Anatomy course. I have been married to my lovely wife for five years this August and we have an annoying (but worth it) Pembroke Welsh Corgi named Willis, who is scared of blue coolers.

What do you do?
I am a student of plant cell biology. I enjoy cooking, which is good because my wife does not cook at all. My wife and I enjoy gardening and mushroom hunting.


Where do you get your inspiration?
My wife offers me the most encouragement. She is the one that suggested I share my micrographs on Etsy.


Who has been one of your biggest influences?
My Grandpa has been influenced my life greatly. He was wise, kind, hardworking and always had time for all of his family. I miss him dearly.

If you could have dinner with one person from history who would you choose and why?
Willie Nelson, I am a sucker for old country music and braids. The man is a genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment