Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Balance

I am trying really hard to find it right now. My consulting work has picked up, but still seems to happen at random times. My personal life is well... a little crazy. There are a lot of things going on that I am not going to get into on here, but it's very stressful. And then, throw in trying to run my other start-up business... and I'm way off kilter.

I'm not sure how to find balance right now. I am currently taking things as they come, but am not really making much headway on any front. Is it better to schedule and partition things so that everything gets attention? It might be, but the demands of both my personal life and my consulting work aren't scheduled very far ahead of time. Overall, I feel like I'm doing a poor job of everything. Nothing I do is getting my full attention because I am always thinking about what I have to accomplish elsewhere as well.

How do you find balance between work and your personal life?

2 comments:

  1. I have been feeling this way a lot lately. I don't know exactly how to get ahead or even. I feel like I am 2 steps behind in my schedule and duties all the time lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was feeling this way until I hired a coach. She helped me figure out how to fit everything into my week and where to prioritize my time if needed. Suddenly I felt like I could take on the world and do it all at once. I still have weeks where one thing or another takes precendence, but it's all moving forward. It's a crazy process of taking a long-term view of time management... i.e. I don't need time for everything every day, but I need time for everything every week or every month. Can you start by picking 2 to 3 key things tonight that you will do tomorrow and staying focused on those?

    ReplyDelete